Tuesday

CHANGE


Change, it happens and we all experience it but it doesn't necessarily mean that we can all adapt to it in the same way. I'll be the first one to admit that whilst I crave and embrace change, it usually does take me a while to fully adapt to it.

As the years have gone by, however, I have realised that in order for certain things to happen and for goals to be achieved, it's imperative to go through a season of change whether you feel completely comfortable with it or not. That is why I've decided to switch things here on my blog.
The eagle-eyed of you will have noticed that I now have a new layout - this is something that I have wanted to do for quite some time as I felt that if I'm to take my blog in a new direction then the design has to reflect this. It is a lot more interactive than my previous design and that's exactly what I want 'Lola Faith' to be as a site, interactive. I want to build a platform where posts are easier to follow and one in which you as a reader, can get a clearer glimpse into what I get up to - whether that's being able to view my current location, see my latest Pinterest pins or even being able to shop my monthly favourites. 

In keeping with the subject of change, I am also going to be trialling a new upload schedule - that way you can visit the blog on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings knowing that a new post awaits.



So there you have it, things are going to be a little different around here. The reason for this change? 
I hear you ask.
The truth is, I hadn't been happy with my blog for a very long time. I would refer to myself as a 'blogger' without actually believing that I was one, I would constantly try to rebrand in order to find my place within the community, losing my way each time, I would delete old posts and I stopped caring about the one main passion that I've had for as long as I can remember and that is being creative, expressing myself through creating my own content. Then it hit me - I could either continue to be miserable about the rut that I found myself wallowing in or I could take the time to pick myself up, make a plan and the necessary changes to get myself and this blog back on track.


This is a work in progress, but I hope that you join me on this journey and embrace my content in the way that I'd love you to. Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, it is important for change to occur in order to realise and achieve goals.

LF
x

Photography by Joe Galvin.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig